Thursday, January 17, 2013

what...



Enigma, conundrum, duty (cause it just sounds funny!), and echelon.... These are some of my favorite words... they always make me laugh! Some say it has something to do with simple-mindedness (haters), same say it has something to do with being easily entertained (relatives), I say I just like to laugh and for some reason these words just make me giggle... well enigma was defiantly my word for the day.

Most of the girls I work with and a lot of my best friends say that my favorite word is, "what?" (With a head tilt to the side -- I never noticed it till they pointed it out). I usually am either the last one to know, or just have no clue I am supposed to know something I need to know. Well, today I felt like I was "what-ing" a lot. Every time I turned around, I felt like I was walking in on a deep convo and I had to know (but was supposed to already know -- again of course I didn’t). Then at the gym this evening several "what’s??" came together all at once...

Let me privies my story by saying I just created the BEST running playlist on my iPhone and could not wait to run to it... But, as my close friends know, I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to music. My playlist varies from rap, to country, to 80's and sprinkled with a little Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick Jr. So when I stepped up on the treadmill and excitedly pressed "shuffle" on my new playlist I was not sure what to expect first. Well, I should have checked to make sure that my headphones where firmly placed in the sound jack of my phone before pressing play, because all of a sudden you can hear "Nelly's" voice booming through the cardio area of my gym! Then about 7 seconds in, about the time it took me to reach for my phone to frantically to push the plug in and turn it down, Nelly dropped the F-Bomb.... classy! I got a lot of looks from men and women and even a snicker from an employee giving a new member tour... SCORE ONE FOR ME!! haha!! Well, I at least thought it was funny... However, the rest of the time I was on the treadmill people kept looking at me. I hope it was for my musical faux-pau... but I am not completely convinced, a few people who were not in the cardio section would even walk by me and look... so of course the rest of my warm up on the machine I checked my jack about 20 more times to make sure it was snug and no one could hear!

Now to the highlight of my day! This morning, I put on a pair of pants I had bought but had never worn. They are a size smaller than I have been currently wearing, but hopped to fit into one day... drumroll please... THEY FIT!!! And not crazy tight either!!! I am soooo excited! Now the pants are crazy long because I never got to take them to the tailor because I couldn’t zip them up... Well guess where I am going this week?! Whoop Whoop!!!

Smiles!

 

1 comment: