Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The little things

Well, we FINALLY have Internet back! We have no clue what is going on with our Internet and our router, but something is not working the way it should! I felt so disconnected last night when I couldn't get online and blog! Crazy how much I look forward to this... but I really do! It is the perfect therapy.

With that said, I NEEDED my blog today! I had a pretty yucky day. Some days are just like that. You just have to roll with the punches and misunderstandings. I almost even skipped my workout tonight, in favor of falling into an old habit of going home, sitting on the couch, sulking and eating. But, my body and brain seemed to go into automatic pilot and next thing I knew I was in front of my yoga studio with 20 minutes to spare. I am SOOOO glad I made the choice to go in and get my sweat on! It was just what I needed. While in my "Zen Zone", my mind wondered and relaxed. I was able to de-stress my mind and focus on the things in my life that make me smile!
The little things. Like...

 
Like, my new awesome routine of giving myself 10 minutes every morning between treadmill and shower to go downstairs and make a cup of coffee (while I pack my lunch). It relaxes me. It makes me stop rushing around in the mornings. I have to slow down and drink it (Or I will spill - YIKES!) as I get ready for work. Feels like it puts me in a great, chill mood and ready to tackle the day. Oh and this is my NEW Starbucks mug I got last weekend super cute and on sale! SCORE!
 
 
Our little bear being a goof ball! This was the other night when I was trying to make the bed and Oakley felt playing was waaaay more important (and I think I have to agree)... oh and disclaimer.. ALL our puppies make me happy! Oakley just happened to have the picture of the day!!
 
 
This one is a little hard to see, but this was tonight after yoga at 6:15ish. Can you see it is STILL daylight outside?? I remember January getting dark by 6:00pm... I have noticed the last few nights, it seems it is staying lighter longer. Has anyone else noticed that? It feels like Spring and I LOVE it!!
 
There are SOOOO many more little things that make me happy, B, my family, my friends, and so many more!
 
I am ready for tomorrow and MORE little things that make me happy!!
 
Smiles!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment