Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Funday...

Today was full! B has been feeling under the weather the past couple of days and we have been laying low. This morning he woke up feeling a bit better! Being the amazing wife I am, I made us oatmeal mixed with fresh bananas and blueberries, in bed. So, the day started off great. I got a bunch done, from cleaning, to cooking, and I even made all the meals for the week! But, my favorite part of the day was my workout!

I was really proud of myself getting my run in this morning. I logged 5 miles on the treadmill. I am VERY happy with my run and it felt great! I pushed myself to not walk as much as the other day and to keep my speed to a level that was tolerable but still challenging. I even beat my time from Friday's 5 mile run. Today I ran 5 miles in 80 minutes (which is 4 minutes better than Friday). That comes out to around 16 minutes a mile. Slow, but for someone like me, making this lifestyle change (to get back in shape) I am TOTALLY happy with it! I can only go up, and I WILL go up!

Yesterday B and I went shoe shopping and I got some new gym shoes and I heart them!
I have owned Under Armor in the past and have LOVED them. So we will see! I am super happy because now I can wear my running shoes strictly for running and not wear them down so much at the gym.

I get to try them out on Tuesday when I train so I will let you know! Gotta get up early tomorrow to get a run in before work so off to bed!

Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment