Monday, January 21, 2013

Bananas Is Good!

As another great weekend comes to a close, I am getting exited for the upcoming week. I am excited because I love my class and my coworkers so I am ready to go back to work. And I am especially excited because this is a 3 day work for me! I am off on Friday to fly to Dallas, for a mini girls weekend. Cheryl's baby shower is on Sunday and I am staying with the guest of honor for the weekend! I am so excited! I love flying out of Hobby! It is like my vaca starts as soon as I get through security! They sell beer right in the middle of the airport, kind of like at a baseball game, they have little vender's hanging out in the middle of the seats! I am so excited!!

So this blog is not only a diary of my day to day activities but also a journal for my cooking... or my need for massive HELP with cooking. I found this recipe for an amazing sounding smoothie that calls for frozen bananas... So stop reading right there and ask yourself, would YOU know what do if you needed to freeze bananas?? Well, apparently it is not as easy as it sounds. I went to the store and bought extra bananas and popped them into the freezer. In the back - far far back - of my mind I thought, "I wonder how to cut these once they freeze, but I am sure there is a way". Well, 24 hours after putting the bananas in the freezer I called B into the kitchen to tell me what I did wrong... what do you think...
 
The bunch on the top came out of the freezer. The pretty yellow one has a home in the bowl on the counter. B couldn't stop laugh at how nasty the frozen ones looked. And I had to admit as they began to thaw they only got nastier! Oh well, B's mom came over tonight and I showed her, needless to say I got a crash course in freezing bananas, and now well, I am a pro!
 
 
My workout tonight was great! I logged 3 miles on the treadmill at a speedier pace than I have done in a while. So I was very happy with it. My goal for this coming week is to run a minimum of 2 miles every morning before work. I accomplished this goal my first week of my workout routine, but last week allowed myself to sleep in a bit.
 
I have to keep reminding myself, that getting and staying in shape is a marathon not a sprint, so if I flub up a couple of times, I just need to remind myself that it is okay, I am only human. But not to give in or give up. One day at a time, and occasionally, maybe even one hour at a time. It can be done.
 
Smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Um...yeah you need to peel them first!! and don't let them thaw too long because they liquify. But they make a great frozen Popsicle if you put a peeled frozen banana in a zip lock bag and eat it straight out of the freezer.

    ReplyDelete