Monday, June 20, 2011

Here Goes Nothing!

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I decided to start this blog, as a running diary of sorts. I am famous for asking the questions, "How long would it take me to run too...?" or "How far is it too...?" and my husbands favorite, "do you think I could ever make it too...?" Well, very recently my father passed away with liver disease and although he struggled with his health in his last few years, he used to like to run. And even more, he used to LOVE to get his kids to run with him. A few weeks before he died, I talked with him about my idea for this blog. I told him that I wanted to see how far I would travel if I were to log the miles I run on a map. But, since we live in Texas and enjoy 105 degree heat on a regular basis during the summer, running in the great outdoors is not really an option. So my running will mostly be on treadmills and occasionally some early morning or late nights and accumulate my miles that way. Dad LOVED the idea, not only because it would encourage me to exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle but to also put my mind to something and actually follow through! Dad is my motivator and that makes me want to put my heart and "sole" into trying to make him proud! So my hope is to run as much as possible while plotting my mileage on a map and see how long it will take me to reach my next targeted city. So, without further ado.... Here goes NOTHING!***


***Disclaimer - I am totally nervous about putting my heart and "sole" out there for everyone to read, but I still feel a stronger urge to follow through, it is almost as though I NEED this blog! So, if you don't enjoy it or think it is silly, please feel free to stop reading at any time! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's a great idea! Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, Megan! I'm so excited to see how far you run! I could use a little heart and "sole", too.

    ReplyDelete