Tuesday, June 21, 2011

BIG Goal: Go Ballpark to Ballpark

Day 1:
                Well, I did a lot of thinking (and a little running today) trying to decide on my BIG Goal and Mini Goals for my mileage. I have decided to include my favorite pastime, BASEBALL! So I have decided that I want to run from ballpark to ballpark. So my first BIG GOAL will be to run from Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas to Rangers Ballpark in Arlington in Arlington, Texas. After consulting a map and my computer I have estimated that my total mileage for this distance is approximately 257 miles. But, I also think I need to have some target cities in between so I can hit some MINI GOALS along the way. So, my first stop is The Woodlands, Texas which is just up 45 from MMP. The distance for this is 31 miles.  I also decided I would like for my challenge to include overall, whole body wellness, so for every hour I log in the gym working out it will count for 1 mile traveled. Also, yoga is my favorite, and I would like to become better at it, so for every 1 hour of yoga practiced it will also account for 1 mile traveled. Now I feel like my whole heart and "sole" is in this. Time to get started!
                          My first challenge, clean the dust off, literally!


                My poor treadmill has been a bit neglected with all of my work and personal life happening around it! So after a couple of minutes (and a can of Lysol) She is good as new! And now I can RUN! My first run this evening was good but slow, I only was able to go the short distance of 2.5 miles, and it was more of a hobble. 2 weeks ago I took a small tumble while walking my brothers dog and twisted my right foot. Though I see no swelling and very small bruising it still hurts pretty bad and doesn't seem to have its full range of motion. Actually, the running motion hurt less on my foot than the walking but, that may be because of the numbness in my body (the "runners high")  I felt once I got going. I iced my foot tonight and I will continue to monitor it the next couple of days before I decide if I need to go to the doctor (hopefully not!). But all in all, I feel I got a good start on my challenge since it has probably been almost 2 months since I last run. I really let life and work get in the way.... well not anymore! I look forward to tomorrow!
BIG GOAL:
Minute Maid Park to Rangers Ballpark in Arlington = 257 miles
MINI GOAL:
Minute Maid Park to The Woodlands = 31 miles
MILES COVERED TODAY:
Treadmill run = 2.5 miles
Mileage Left on BIG GOAL/MINI GOAL: 254.5/28.5



No comments:

Post a Comment